Dear Friends & Colleagues,
It’s been an amazing 22 months so far for Itafari! We’ve made great progress, raised some serious money, and worked in great programs in Rwanda. I completed my 4th trip in less than 2 years in February and am pleased to report wonderful progress in the following areas:
- Participation with Kigali Parents School to build a Secondary School in Rwanda
- Worked with ASSIST and RARDA to raise goats to be given to 350 child-headed households through co-operatives established throughout the country
- Purchased baskets and bowls from Gahaya Links which are sold at Itafari Pay It Forward Events
- Met with the 85 children sponsored by Itafari donors
- Distributed funds raised by the elementary children of Madeleine School and St. Agatha Schools ($2,600!)
- Distributed over 120 pen pal letters from the children of Portland to the children of Kigali
- Working with Urwego to distribute micro finance loans
- Reviewed other possible programs for Itafari’s consideration
- Chrysologue Ngarambe was hired as Itafari’s Executive Director in Rwanda
I am convinced this work is meaningful and makes a difference. If you’ve ever considered going to Rwanda, here is your opportunity. In October of this year, I’ll be taking 8 people with me for a Tour of Hope. You’ll see Rwanda and the incredible changes being made by the people of Rwanda.
||A Tour of Hope
||October 8-21, 2007
||$4,750 per person
Hotel & all meals
$500 per person toward collective donation; recipient(s) to be determined by the group on location
||Capacity: 8 travelers - space is limited!!
Book soon to secure your spot
If you’re interested in joining me, read more about the trip. Your donations are always welcome and more information can be found at our website: http://itafari.org Call me with any questions at 503-636-3692 or email me at email@example.com
I hope to hear from you and look forward to sending out more reports from Rwanda!
Murakoze cyane, (thank you very much!)